Sunday, November 10, 2013

Upcycled Encyclopedia Flowers

This is a tutorial explaining how I created the flowers that are depicted in my background picture.
 
1. I used my Sizzix Big Shot and the flower die shown in the picture. There are many different styles of die and I'm sure your favorite will work as well.
 

2. I layered about 10-15 pieces per flower, It's ok to mix styles of the layers. I used my Crop-a-Dile to add an eyelet to secure the layers. (Yes, a brad would also work.)

 
3. I then crushed/crumpled the flower. Each layer at a time and then the flower as a whole.


4. Next, take the flower in one hand and lightly dab and drag your ink pad all over the edges of the flower. Some of the best ones are flowers that used multiple colors of ink.

5. The finished examples are seen below.... Hope you enjoy! Try it out and feel free to share your examples.


1 comment: